And now there's a new way to help protect our national treasures.
America's National Park System is the most tangible, uniquely American expression of our national character and values. From Yellowstone to Gettysburg, Everglades to the Golden Gate, the parks encompass some of the nation's highest peaks, deepest gorges, and most hallowed halls of democracy. But for how much longer? The National Park System is just nine years shy of its 100th anniversary and chronic underfunding has taken a toll, leading to disrepair, a shortage of rangers, and too few educational programs.
For the first time in more than a decade, Congress is considering a major funding increase for national parks, but it is far from a done deal. America's national parks need your help.Make your voice heard! As a subscriber to NPCA Mobile, you'll be taking action to save our national parks.
- Get breaking news so you're mobilized for action when our parks need help
- Connect with others who share your interests
- Build an online and mobile community of friends
- Share photos, mobile blogs, and messages
- Support National Parks Conservation Association—between 3% and 7% of your monthly mobile bill goes directly to NPCA